Through skill development programs, a performance management system and actions for balancing professional life with family and personal life, Brisa manages to have a united and motivated team that brings value to the company.
Brisa invests in its employees' effectiveness and know-how update by offering continuous training and well-planned knowledge management.
The purpose is to promote the skills and motivations and, at the same time, boost a healthy and fulfilling work environment.
Performance management system
Brisa has developed a performance management system where employee skills and contributions are evaluated on a yearly basis. This system aims to ensure the active participation of all employees in value creation as team members.
A top down, team to individual, objectives definition has been adopted. Depending on the results, the company grants extraordinary promotions and/or bonuses, ensuring that employees are rewarded by their results and dedication.
Professional and personal life balance
One of the goals at Brisa is the promotion of the right balance between personal life and professional life for employees. Measures have been taken that allow employees to attend to their personal needs without harming their professional careers.
Several measures have been taken, and we highlight the following:
- Flexible timetables – Allow the employee to adjust his work schedule to his personal needs, within certain limits;
- Employee shift exchange – On continuous work it is possible to exchange shifts with other employees;
- Variable Days Off – In some work timetables there are variable date days off which can be scheduled according to the employee's needs, whenever possible;
- Partial vacation - If the employee is interested, he/she may divide the vacation schedule in several periods;
- Family assistance – For situations not covered by Social Security, Brisa provides a yearly payment of up to 15 days for emergency family assistance;
Through conscious practices, the Brisa Group aims to provide its employees a better balance between work life and family life. Brisa was distinguished with the “Most Family Responsible Company Award” (Deloitte/AESE), which aims to recognise the best corporate practises regarding family policies.
This distinction is the result of the implementation of good practises with actions and initiatives of conciliation between professional and family life, and obtained with employee participation in the index of Family Responsible Companies.
Recognition was obtained in these particular policies:
- Schedule flexibility;
- Social benefits;
- Professioonal support for the employee and his/her family.
Aware of the importance of the family dimension, not only to the company, but also to society, Brisa has decided to participate in this study, so that these values as considered an integral part of its organisational strategy.
The Brisa Group also wants to foster a closer better relationship between its employees and the company by promoting family events. The result is a more dynamic and motivating work environment.
Highlights of family events:
- Brisa Holiday Camp – Brisa's contribution depends on the employees' paycheck and the value of contribution is higher for lower salaries;
- Christmas Parties – Social events that aim to foster a closer connection between personal life and professional life;
- Christmas Gifts – Brisa offers Christmas gifts to employees' children up to the age of 12;
- Christmas with Brisinha – An event that took place in 2015 for employees' children with ages between 6 and 12 years old. The purpose was to bring children closer to their parents' professional life;