By defining new guidelines, Brisa has developed a new business model focused on efficiency and the customer, aiming to optimise sustainable mobility. Active Traffic Management, Innovation, Customer Service and Road Safety are all issues that Brisa actively addresses, proving its know-how not only in Portugal but also abroad.
Active Traffic Management
Since 2004, through the CCO (Centro de Coordenação Operacional / Operational Coordination Centre), located in Carcavelos, Brisa has been ensuring active traffic management on its concessions. This is achieved by centralising operations: rescue, protection, patrolling and customer information and assistance. Active traffic management activities are supported by road telematics equipment installed on the operated networks.
Innovation plays a key role in the evolution towards a business model focused on the customer and on sustainable mobility.
The Brisa Group as a whole is mobilised for the development in a consistent offer that improves people's mobility through innovative solutions in a multidimensional perspective that includes different vectors such as technology, organisation, marketing and communication.
Learn about some of the projects that contribute to sustainable mobility:
Oferta 2.0 (” Offer 2.0”) - This project, which began in 2014, aims to standardise and improve customer service contact channels and create new business models for mobility. Services created include the Via Verde App, the Route Calculator and Split Invoicing.
- Via Verde – A pioneering automatic payment service, Via Verde is still becoming closer to the customer, exploring other areas beyond tolls such as parking lots, restaurants, fuel stations and others.
- Sustainable Mobility Project II – Launched in 2013 by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), its purpose is to present a methodology for the implementation of sustainable mobility models. The project is led by Brisa, Ford and Toyota, along with 12 other companies, also WBCSD members.
In order to have a closer relationship with the customer, Brisa aims to create useful services that put the client at the centre of the operation, providing all the means necessary for an effective mobility.
The highlight goes to the following projects:
- Operation Efficient and Client Centric – Several communication channels with the clients were created in order to keep them informed about traffic conditions and other utilities. Good examples of this are the Via Verde App, e-mail traffic and the Roadside Assistance Number.
- Customer satisfaction – Every month, customer satisfaction surveys are conducted in order to implement measures for the improvement of services. In 2014, client satisfaction was very positive, with a score of 3.32 on a scale of 1 to 4 for the Assistance and Information Number and 3.71 for Roadside Assistance.
- Mcall – Mcall is a Brisa Group specialising in dynamic Contact Centre services that follow technological developments and adapt to their clients through pioneering and convenient services.
Road safety is one of the pillars for sustainable mobility and a priority for Brisa. It materialises in projects with an effective impact on the reduction of accidents.
Besides campaigns promoting safe driving, Brisa also conducts other preventive actions with the purpose of increasing road safety.
Learn about some of these actions:
- Accident rate monitoring – For Brisa, the safety of its highways comes first. Accidents are closely monitored and the information is collected into files and case studies that are used to reduce the accident rates.
- Infrastructure investment – Through conservation and expansion works, Brisa aims to ensure infrastructure quality through sustainable development. 2015 saw a 45.1 million euro investment in infrastructures that allowed an increase in safety and comfort.
- Brisa nas Escolas (“Brisa at the School”) educational program – The Brisa nas Escolas (“Brisa at the School”) program is aimed at primary schools and its purpose is to develop students' awareness of road safety and protection of the environment.